Unless you’re going to invest a lot of money in advertising and promotions, the most cost-effective way to generate organic traffic is to build your website for the search engines (namely Google).
We’ve all heard of SEO and Web consultants who promise number one Google rankings. Lesson number one: Guaranteed rankings are a myth! Search engine crawl rates and algorithms are unpredictable and change constantly, making guarantees irresponsible and misleading. However, there are ways to help get higher rankings in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), and this multi-part article will give you some insight into how to design your website for success. So don’t forget to sign up for our Brand+Aid newsletter to have timely information concerning brand development and marketing delivered to your inbox.
Almost anybody can build a nice-looking website.
But a lot of designers aren’t concerned about or don’t understand how to build a site that drives traffic organically, never mind converting it into new customers. That’s not to say your website can’t be successful without SEO – it just means that you’ll need to generate traffic by other means such as PPC, direct mail, email marketing, etc. When you optimize your site for the search engines, your client acquisition costs go down – assuming you understand how to build your landing pages to convert (that’s a whole other conversation).
Some SEO stats to think about:
The ongoing COVID pandemic continues to influence and reshape our daily lives. Lockdowns may have been lifted across many countries, but many of the behaviors adopted during confinement have endured, resulting in meaningful increases in digital activity.
The global digital landscape is still evolving rapidly as we enter the second quarter of 2021. Akamai reports that global internet traffic has grown by as much as 30 percent in 2020.
- Research from GlobalWebIndex shows that we’re still spending considerably more time using connected tech than we were at the start of 2020.
- 74% have purchased online via any device and 67% use mobile shopping apps.
- According to NetMarket Share, Google still dominates search engine use, starting 2020 with an average net market share of 70.38% on desktop and a whopping 93.87% of the market share on mobile
- As of February 2021, mobile has taken the lead in website traffic, worldwide, while in North America, broadband search states that time spent on websites still favors desktops with 55.9% of the time. Regardless, if you haven’t optimized your site for mobile traffic – what are you waiting for?
- The combination of organic (40%) and paid search (28%) is still as powerful as ever, with 68% of all trackable website traffic coming from a combination of the two tactics.
- Users seem to put more trust in the results that rank highly organically. Organic search’s dominance is impressive considering the changes that have been made to the layout of SERPs, which have pushed organic results further down the page, giving more dominant positions to paid results.
- 34.85% of desktop searches and 65.10% of mobile searches end without a click.
- Being listed in the top 5 organic spots is key to getting traffic as demonstrated in this chart from Advanced Web Ranking July 2020
- The increased use of smartphones and smart speakers has greatly increased the potential for voice searches which means we now have to optimize our sites for voice.
We’ve given you plenty to think about. But don’t hesitate to reach out for more information.
MYSTIQUE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS
416-441-2666 Ext 14.
Are you looking to take your brand to the next level?
Do you need a brand partner who’ll do the heavy lifting while inspiring you to achieve more? A team that not only helps you find your voice, but works with you to ensure that your voice is heard. Let Mystique’s branding pros provide you with scalable lead generation and retention solutions to make certain that you reach the right people with the right message at the right time.
Not sure where you brand stands?
Schedule time to review your current situation with us and discuss possible ways to optimize your brand experience to overcome your business challenges and reach your goals. Even if you choose not to use us, you’ll walk away with some great ideas to implement in your business today.