What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
It’s a centralized location where millions of LinkedIn members can go to stay in the loop on company news, products and services, business opportunities and job openings.
For a business, it’s the opportunity to:
• Tell your company’s story
• Highlight your products and services
• Engage with followers
• Share career opportunities
• Drive word of mouth at scale
For millions of professionals, a Company Page is a place to:
• Explore companies of interest
• Get the latest company updates and industry news
• Research products & services
• Learn about job opportunities
Here’s a step-by-step on how to set one up:
1. Log into LinkedIn and click on Companies.
2. Check to make sure that your company does not already have a profile by searching for your company in the search box.
3. Click the Add a Company link.
4. Fill in your company name and your email address at the company. The email address must be at your company’s domain name.
5. Click the box that verifies you as an official representative of the company and click Continue.
6. LinkedIn will send you a verification email to the email address you input in step 4. Find this email in your email inbox and click on the verification link in the email.
7. The link should lead you to a screen on LinkedIn.com asking you to confirm your email address. Click Confirm.
8. LinkedIn will ask you to sign in again under your primary LinkedIn email address (which is the email address you use to log into LinkedIn – it does not necessarily have to match the company email that you entered in step 4). Fill in your log in information and click Sign In.
9. Once you’ve signed in, LinkedIn will redirect you to an editable version of your new company profile. Here, you can edit information about your company. We recommend the following settings:
a. Set Company Page Admins to Designated users only. Otherwise, anyone with an email address at your company would be allowed to edit your company profile, and you do not necessarily want that. Make sure you add at least one designated user (type your own name into the box) or else LinkedIn will throw an error.
b. Upload both a standard and square logo. When you create the square version of your logo, make sure that you find a way to crop a nice part of your logo out that will work well as a 50 by 50 image. Don’t just resize your current logo to 50 by 50 if it ends up squishing any part of the logo.
c. Write a company description that is keyword-rich. The unpublished character limit for a LinkedIn company description is 1500 characters. You want to write a description that is as close as possible to this character limit without going over. Make the best use of the space that you have.
d. List your company specialties. This is a great place to use keywords that are important to your business that you know potential customers will search for.
e. Fill in your company’s Twitter ID.
f. Fill in your company’s blog RSS feed URL. This will enable your company’s blog posts to appear on your LinkedIn Company Page.
g. Under News Module settings, keep “Show news about my company” selected.
h. In the right column, fill out Company Type, Company Size, Company Website URL, Main Company Industry, Company Operating Status, Year Founded, and Company Locations.
i. Click Publish when you are done.
10. Note If you get the error “We’re sorry, but there was an unexpected error. Please try your request again.” and clicking Publish again does not work, open a new tab in your browser, navigate to the Companies page on LinkedIn, search for your company, click edit, and re-input all of the information by copying the info from your original browser tab.
11. Once you’ve set up your LinkedIn Company Page, you can add Careers and Services. We highly recommend adding a list of your products and/or services. Adding just one product or service will add a new tab to your company page called “Services” that will allow LinkedIn users to see a list of your products and services. To add a new product or service, go to the Services tab and click the “Add product or service” button and fill in all relevant information.
Mystique Brand Communications