CONTENT DEVELOPER – INTERN
DO YOU NEED AN INTERNSHIP TO GRADUATE?
Can you write about anything? Are you looking to extend your education beyond the classroom? Want to learn the ropes and apply what you’re learning in the classroom to a fast-paced, real studio setting?
- Minimum 14 weeks
- 25 hours per week
- Flexible days and start time
- Need to bring your own laptop
- No guarantee of a full-time job offered at the end of the internship
Intern will receive a monthly TTC Metropass, however beyond that this internship is unpaid in exchange for valuable education and industry experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop strategic content goals and the strategies to reach those goals.
- Create content; which may include sales copy, blog posts, presentations, animations, graphics, videos and social media content.
- Create an editorial calendar to establish when content will be distributed and through which channels.
- Collaborate with other departments on content creation
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators to determine content effectiveness
- Quality Assurance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strategic Analytical skills
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
Advanced Skills that would be a great asset:
- Advanced knowledge of Java, CSS
- Advanced knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Marketing Automation Theory
I really enjoyed the experience at Mystique. It was fast paced which was tough to get used to but it gave me real life experience on a wide variety of projects; logo design, website design (complete build from scratch using WordPress), infographics (including research), 404 pages, print design etc.
The people at Mystique are great teachers; patient and helpful. They took the time to explain me their process and what clients look for. On a logo design project; When my first 5 concepts weren’t what they were after, they gave constructive criticism for each concept and asked me to start again. And that’s when I believe you really learn.
The culture at the office was serious but there was also time to talk about the weekend, sports and other fun stuff.
They also went above and beyond; helping me find an apartment in Toronto and other practical things before I arrived.
Working at Mystique was a great opportunity to get some hands-on business experience between my first and second year. It was very insightful to have one-on-one mentoring with such a close knit team. I was able to have my own clients and learn about various digital marketing strategies, blogging, and advance my skills in Excel and CRM management. Beyond the technical skills, I was also able to learn about how my academic skills can apply in a work setting, manage my time with simultaneous projects and develop a greater understanding of marketing techniques.
Being able to say that I now have published blog articles and experience with technical programs is a huge asset for me moving forward in the world of business. Mystique was unique in their small team which allowed me to develop meaningful connections with everyone in the office. I would highly recommend this internship to those interested in design and brand development.
When I first began my internship at Mystique, my experience with marketing was quite limited as I came with a background in film production. But the team at Mystique taught me a lot about SEO, marketing, and social media, as well as offering the chance for me to develop my film-making skills. I was put in charge of developing blog posts for the company and its’ various clients which in turn really helped me gain valuable writing experience. I also managed a number of Social Media platforms for Mystique. Their confidence in me, allowed myself to grow considerably in a variety of areas. But most importantly, I finished this internship with a great all-around skill set. I recommend an internship with Mystique for anyone who is searching for a real hands-on approach for learning about marketing and media.